Click Add File(s) button and add the contact CSV of Skype for Business contacts exported above; Now, select VCF as export file option and select Mac vCard.Choose vCard v4.0 as iPhone does not allow to import older vCard versions like vCard 2.1 or vCard 3.0.
- Jun 12, 2014. Chat with anyone, anywhere – Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Download Skype 5.0 for the iPhone/iPod touch free in the App Store. Skype for iPad remains stuck at version 4.17.3.
- Open the App Store on your device. Download for iPhone. Download for iPad. On the home screen in the App Store, tap the Search icon. Search for “Skype” on the screen that appears. Skype should appear near the top of the list of apps that are returned. Tap Get and wait for the app to download and install.
One of your favorite apps was recently updated with all new features. Unfortunately, it no longer supports the iOS version running on your device. How would you re-install the older version of the app on your iPhone or iPad?
Unlike before, installing an older version of an iOS app is pretty simple. Albeit the process is slightly under the wraps. Hence, not too many folks would be aware of this important feature. Let me show you how it works!
UPDATE: The method is not working for now. We shall update the post as soon as we find the solution.
How to Re-install Older Version of iPhone or iPad Apps
Note: This simple trick will work with only those apps that were once compatible with the iOS version running on your device. For instance, Facebook had the support of iOS 7. Hence, you can download the app even if it doesn’t support that iOS version.
Step #1. Launch App Store on your iOS device.
Step #2. Now, search the app you wish to re-install.
Step #3. Once you have found the app, go ahead and install it as usual.
Step #4. Now, you will get a popup that would read something like, “Facebook requires iOS 8, or later You can still download the older version of the app.”
You need to tap on Download the prompt to confirm. Then, let the download process be completed. Once it’s done, launch the app, sign in to it and start using it just like before.
What if the new version of the app is compatible with your device but, you still want to use the older version?
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone and stop any syncing process that fires automatically
- Now, delete the buggy app from your iPhone
- In iTunes, click on the “Apps” link from the sidebar. This shows the apps that are available in the last backup. (or basically, all apps that you installed and synced)
- Find the app whose older version you want to install and drag-n-drop it on the iPhone section in the sidebar. (The device section)
- Now, all you do is simply Sync your iPhone with iTunes
What if I don’t have a backup?
You can ask any of your friends who *might* have a backup of the app in its older version. Obviously, you cannot sync your iPhone/iPad on their computer so you can simply copy the app. To do this (on your friend’s computer):
- Click on “Apps” section in iTunes
- Find the app and right-click → Show in Windows Explorer
- You’ll find the .ipa file. Copy this to your system
- Once done, you just have to drag-n-drop this .ipa file on your device in iTunes
So, that’s how you can continue to use any app even if its current version isn’t compatible with your device. As a user, I really appreciate this feature. What’s your take on it? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
How To Download Old Version Of Skype For Iphone 7
You may want to catch up with these posts as well: