- Selenium Webdriver Latest Version
- Selenium Webdriver Latest Version
- Selenium Latest Version Free Download 3 Years
But Its recommended installing Java on Windows 10 with latest version. How to install Java for Windows. Following are the steps on how to install Java in Windows 10 for JDK 8 free download for 32 bit or JDK8 download for Windows 64 bit and installation. Step 1) Go to link. Click on JDK Download for Java download JDK 8. Selenium 3 is the latest version of Selenium by far which got released in 2016. Browser vendors independently provide client browsers. Selenium RC is ruled out from Selenium 3. In selenium 3, the latest version till date is 3.141.59. Therefore, we will be clicking on the Download button, which will download the corresponding zip file for the latest stable version of Selenium WebDriver. Secondly, once the zip file download is complete, Extract the file so that you see the unzipped Selenium Java folder. Click on the latest version at the bottom of the page, which is version 1.2.0 as of now by Dec'14. Once clicked on the version, it will display the all types of jar available to download. Click on cucumber-core-1.2.0.jar. Just like this, downloads all of these to your drive and every other jar is available on the same page. This download comes as a ZIP file named “selenium-3.14.0.zip”. For simplicity of Selenium installation on Windows 10, extract the contents of this ZIP file on your C drive so that you would have the directory “C: selenium-3.14.0 ”. This directory contains all the JAR files that we would later import on Eclipse for Selenium setup.
Selenium provides its API implementation in multiple programming languages. However, Selenium API Java-based bindings are the most popular. In this tutorial, we will learn how to download Selenium JARs and configure Eclipse IDE to use them in writing test scripts.
To configure Eclipse with Selenium WebDriver, we need to perform the following activities:
- Installing Java
- Installing Eclipse IDE
- Configure Eclipse IDE with WebDriver
- Step 1: Go to the official website (https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) and click on the Download tab.
- Step 2: Click Icon under Java SE Downloads
- Step 3: Accept the License Agreement and choose the JDK that corresponds to your Operating System.
- Step 4: Once the download is complete, run the executable file to install JDK in Windows. Perform similar steps for Mac DMG file. For Linux, you just need to untar and set PATH variable to execute java commands.
Installing Eclipse IDE
Let’s see how to install Eclipse IDE for Windows. The steps are almost similar for Mac and Linux operating systems too. You have to follow similar steps with the Eclipse installer files of the corresponding operating system.
- Step 1: Go to the Eclipse official website and click Download button of Eclipse IDE icon.
- Step 2: Once the download is complete, run the exe file to start Eclipse installer application for Windows.
- Step 3: Click “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers” in the installer window.
- Step 4: After that, a new window will open. Change the Installation Folder path to “C:eclipse” and click on install button.
- Step 5: After successful completion of installation, a new window will open. Click on the Launch button in the new window.
- Step 6: This will launch Eclipse IDE for you. From next time onwards, you can start Eclipse from its installation folder.
Selenium JARs Download
Basically, selenium is not installed, it is configured. We just need to download the jars and include in eclipse.
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on Download tab.
- Step 2: Click on Download link to download the jars for selenium.
- Step 3: Extract the downloaded folder and we will get the folder like selenium-java-3.141.59.
Selenium Download Java
Configure Eclipse IDE with Selenium WebDriver
- Step 1: Launch the “eclipse.exe” file inside the eclipse installation folder.
- Step 2: When asked to select for a workspace, just click Launch button to accept the default location.
- Step 3: Create a new Java Project from File > New > Project.
- Step 4: Give your Project name ‘Testing‘ as shown below. Click on Finish button.
- Step 5: Right click on Project name Testing and select New > Package.
- Step 6: Give Package name automation and click on Finish button.
- Step 7: Right click on package automation and select New > Class.
- Step 8: Give Class name Test, check the option checkbox public static void main and click on Finish button.
- Step 9: Now your Eclipse window will look something like below.
- Step 10: Now we add few lines of Selenium code without adding JAR files. Below image shows us the error message when we won’t add jar files.
- Step 11: Right click on Project Testing. Select Properties > Java build Path. Then click on Libraries tab and click Add External JARs.
- Step 12: Add client-combined jar from the selenium jars folder.
- Step 13: Add all the jars under libs folder.
- Step 14: Click Apply and Close button.
- Step 15: Now your Project Package Explorer window should look similar to the below image. Also, the errors related to Selenium classes would have been disappeared. Here we need to import WebDriver and ChromeDriver classes.
Now you can see a new package name automation under project name Testing.
Let’s go ahead and add Selenium JAR files to our project to fix these errors.
Java Build Path
Selenium Import Libraries
That’s it. Our Eclipse Java project is configured to use selenium classes.
Selenium Maven Dependencies
Most of the java project these days use Maven as the build tool. In that case, it’s very easy to import selenium jars into your project. Just add the following dependencies into your project pom.xml file.
If you are new to maven project, here are the steps to follow.
- Step 1: Open Eclipse then go to File > New > Project.
- Step 2: In the new project window, there are many wizard to choose. Select Maven Project under Maven category and click on Next button.
- Step 3: Click on Next button in the new screen. Don’t forget to select the “Use default Workspace location” option.
- Step 4: Select the maven-archetype-quickstart in the next screen and click on Next button.
- Step 5: Enter Group Id, Artifact Id and click on Finish button.
- Step 6: Once the project is created you can see the maven project in the project explorer.
- Step 7: Double click on pom.xml and you will get the source code of pom.xml in the editor.
- Step 8: We need selenium maven dependencies configuration to add to our project. Head over to https://www.seleniumhq.org/download/maven.jsp. Here Selenium guys have provided maven dependency information. Just copy them as we need to paste it in pom.xml file.
- Step 9: Open pom.xml file and create <dependencies> tag and paste the dependency code inside it. Save the pom.xml file changes.
- Step 10: Check your project “Maven Dependencies” to confirm that selenium jars has been downloaded and included in the project.
Maven Project Dependencies
Maven Project New
Selenium Maven Dependency
Selenium Gradle Dependencies
Gradle is also a popular build tool and used by a lot of projects. If you are using Gradle, then add below dependencies to your build.gradle file.
Selenium Gradle Dependencies
We learned how to configure our system to start working with Selenium. We installed Java, Eclipse and created a new project and added selenium jars to it. However, it’s better to use Maven or Gradle build tools for our project, we also learned how to add Selenium jars using maven and Gradle script.
References: Java SE Download, Eclipse Download,Selenium Jars
Selenium Webdriver is continuously evolving and advancing its features. Recently, we’ve seen a few beta versions of Selenium Webdriver 3.0, followed by its official release. In this post, we’ll share the stable Selenium Webdriver download links with you.
Please know that Selenium, as a product, is passing through a fundamental shift. So every test automation developer using Selenium should be aware of the changes in the new versions. And that’s why we are writing this post to acquaint you with the recent trends in Selenium.
Here, we’ll provide you with the latest Selenium Webdriver download links which will lead you to the most stable releases and will share updates on the new features.
Next, we have only included the links for the core Selenium Webdriver components like the Standalone Webdriver and the drivers for browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Safari. So, you can focus on the modules which are pertinent to your automation development.
With every Selenium Webdriver download link, we’ve attached a list of essential features to describe the purpose of the module that you would like to download.
In addition to the above stuff, you’ll see links to some of the best Selenium Webdriver tutorials on our blog that you can refer to for help in installing, configuring, and creating the test automation projects using tools like Eclipse and Maven.
But before you go further, let’s hear a few historical facts about this excellent test automation tool.
#1. It was Jason Huggins, who began working on Selenium core in 2004.
#2.Selenium RC came into existence in 2006.
#3.Selenium 2.0 (Webdriver support) replaced RC in 2011.
#4.Selenium 3.0 birthed in Oct’ 2016.
Selenium Webdriver Download – Official Releases.
Finally, we’ve seen the official release of Selenium 3.0 after getting through the four beta versions. The developers have done a great job in delivering upon the latest of Selenium Webdriver.
So let’s start with the most recent release of the Selenium Webdriver, which is version 3.0. There is a lot of new features introduced in this release. It mainly focused on alienating the core API from the client driver implementation.
Below, we’ve broadly covered the fundamental changes made to the Selenium Webdriver 3.0.
Table of Index
1. Get to Know Selenium 3 Changes
2. Download Selenium 3
3. Download Latest Geckodriver
4. Download Selenium 2 (Old stable release)
What’s new in Selenium 3.0?
1. The core Selenium Webdriver API will work as an interface. Browser vendors will independently provide client drivers.
Even the Firefox now has its GECKO driver implementation of the Webdriver 3.0 APIs. GECKO driver follows the W3C WebDriver spec. You can find the latest API specification from here.
2. Support for Safari is available via Apple’s Safari driver.
And for IE, it is the Edge driver that integrates with the Selenium Webdriver.
3. Some other changes are as follows.
- The minimum JRE version is 8.0.
- Supported IE version is >= 9.0.
- Brought back support of Firefox 47.0.1 and earlier versions
- For the newer Firefox version, use the GECKO driver.
There are a few other changes which you can find from the changelogs.
Download Selenium 3.0 (Webdriver)
Selenium Webdriver Download Links
|Module Name||Module Description||Selenium Webdriver – Direct Links|
|1.Selenium Standalone Server 3.0|
|2.Selenium Java Binding (3.0.1)|
3.Selenium Python Binding (3.0.0)
|4.IE Server Driver (2.53.1)|
|5.GECKO Driver (Latest)|
|6.Google Chrome Driver (Latest)|
Selenium Webdriver Latest Version
Download Selenium 2.0 (Webdriver)
Since many of the test automation developers are still using the Selenium Webdriver 2.0, so it’s relevant to provide its related download links. Hence, we are sharing the most stable version that QA professionals across the IT industry can use to develop test automation artifacts.
To download Selenium Webdriver 2.0 packages, click on the below green button.
Selenium Webdriver Tutorials to Read
Selenium Webdriver Latest Version
Finally, we are listing down some of the handy posts that thousands of our readers have read and could be equally useful for you as well.
Suggested Posts for Quick Reference
1. Setup Your First Selenium Webdriver Project in Eclipse from Scratch.
2. Setup Selenium Webdriver Project Using Maven in 10 Minutes.
3. Setup a Selenium TestNG Project Using Maven and Eclipse.
4. Download and Setup Selenium IDE for Web Testing.
Footnote – Selenium Webdriver Download
Hopefully, you’ve enjoyed staying here and find something useful to create innovative automation solutions. Please let us know how can we improve further to serve you better.
Selenium Latest Version Free Download 3 Years
Also, if you liked this post, then please share it on social media to let others aware of Selenium 3.
All the Best,